Buttons

March 01, 2012

Thesis

 So. For my study here at FIEA, I have a thesis to write/do/make. Considering the nature of my portfolio, and because I've gained a lot of experience animating cinematics just from the one year study I've had so far at FIEA, I've decided to write my thesis on cinematic animations. 

Pretty vague, yes. I'll be covering topics of processes and tools that I go through in order to create a cinematic, ranging from storyboards to mocap vs. hand animation, to animation layering, etc. I have yet to decide what these topics specifically are, but be sure that I'll be updating this post as I come across them while I work. 

Here's some that I've come up with while working: (not really topics as much as points of note)


-The Importance of storyboards!
-Using Cycles in the Cinematics (with Animation Layers)
      -Using them in conjuction with the base animation to create pauses and stuff
-Keep everything easy to change (referencing files)