Buttons

July 10, 2012

Plans to the End of the Semester

Yup. One more portfolio piece to go and I've got a schedule I needed to make update in order to keep myself on track... Well, it's not really to keep myself on track, it's more like to keep myself from slacking off. And to induce stress. 

Anyway! No guarantee that I'll end up sticking to this schedule (I'll most likely end up falling behind, if all of this semester hasn't said this) but its' always good practice to gauge how well I do.

Plushy Knight
  • Chiron's Death Animation - 7/13
  • Game Freeze - 7/23
  • Game Presentation - 8/3
Alexandria
  • Model
  • UV
  • Head and Hair Sculpted
  • Sculpt Finished - 7/19
  • Texture Blocked Out - 7/20
  • Texture Finished - 7/29
  • Pose and Resculpt - 7/30
  • Light Render and Composite - 7/31
    • This day is going to be a long one
  • Portfolio PIece 3 Due - 8/1
Thesis
  • Plan - 7/13
    • Did I just plan to plan my thesis? I think I did
  • Work on Thesis - 7/22
    • Obviously, this lil bullet point will be updated with above plan
  • Thesis Due - 7/23

 Yeah. I got my work cut out for me. I'll be working on both the thesis and Alexandria at the same time, so that makes me a tad bit worried, but fortunately, the art team will be completely done (more or less) by the end of this week, so hopefully I won't be as bogged down as I'm expecting.

No guarantees though. 

Oh yes, a scope plan for Alexandria:

High Scope (Maya and Zbrush):
  • Full sculpt with concept pose
  • Fully textured with fibermesh hair
  • textures shot back into maya with rendered turn table
  • Rendered and composited images
 Mid Scope (Zbrush Only):
  • Full Sculpt with concept Pose
  • Textured in ZBrush (no maps) with fibermesh hair
  • Renders and Composited images in Zbrush
  • maybe turntable if time
Low Scope (ZBrush Only):
  • Full Sculpt with simple, standing pose
  • Textured like a statue
  • Rendered images
  • turntable in zbrush, if time